D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

sundial

This is the apparatus used to take the latest pix which follow . I forgot to take a fresh white balance when using the Fuji compact camera so have converted them to B&W. The ringlight is clamped onto the reversed enlarging lens and powered via a fiber optic cable from the fiber optic projector. The reversed enlarging lens is used by itself on the camera for the low mag. pix and on Nikon bellows for the high mag pix. Camera is a Canon 450D using a Nikon to Canon adaptor and is attached to a Kaiser copy stand. Focusing is achieved by turning the copy stand rack. I did not calculate the actual magnification but it must be in excess of 3x for the high mag photos. Apertures chosen were f5.6 to f11 to avoid diffraction at the high magnification ... effective magnification was probably f44 when working at 3x The strange looking contraption on top of the camera's monitor is a 2¼² (6x6) slide viewer used here as a loupe to magnify the live view image - but I also use the camera's 5x and 10x magnification facility. Shutter was delayed by 2 seconds to damp down the mirror vibrations.

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  DSCF5038_2 More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  DSCF5040 More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  DSCF5037 More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  DSCF5041 More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  DSCF5044 More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  DSCF5077 More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  DSCF5058 More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  DSCF5065_2

Note the exposure index visible in the live view image ... using manual exposure, the index mark is lined up centrally for correct exposure by twiddling the shutter speed dial.

Note there is also an angle finder attached to the camera's viewfinder but today, using the slide viewer on the monitor, made focusing via the live view monitor much easier.

The following pix were taken with the set up ... none of these are cropped ... they are resized JPEGS with minimal post processing:

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0258

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0239

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0229

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0231

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0227

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0224

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0240

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0223

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0222

More coming ...

Last edited by sundial on Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:59 am; edited 3 times in total

sundial

... and a few more ... In some of the photos the reflection of the ringlight is visible in the jewells and the polished screw head.

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0235

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0234

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0233

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0247-1

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0244

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0243

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0253

More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  IMG_0251

Cheers

dunk

3More 99.1 movement close-ups using the Rodenstock enlarging lens plus fiber optic ringlight  Empty Impressive! Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:06 pm

Designaddict

Designaddict

Sundial

Surprices me a lot that nobody has yet commented your great pics? A very interesting view inside the world of watch photography and from now on I will remember you extreme close ups each time I have a look at the movement of my 991. (daily) Very Happy

Regards

Michael

sundial

Designaddict wrote:Sundial

Surprices me a lot that nobody has yet commented your great pics? A very interesting view inside the world of watch photography and from now on I will remember you extreme close ups each time I have a look at the movement of my 991. (daily) Very Happy

Regards

Michael

Thank you Michael. I enjoyed taking the photos and am quite pleased with result ... and will probably take some more photos using a different lens soon.

Best wishes

dunk

Designaddict

Designaddict

Yes Dunk, could be interesting with pictures taken with another lens, looking forward to it.

Regards

Michael

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum