D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Stealth" Dornblüth

+2
tee530
dornblogger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1"Stealth" Dornblüth Empty "Stealth" Dornblüth Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:11 am

dornblogger

dornblogger

"Stealth" Dornblüth DSC_0007

What do you guys think? pirat

Stainless Steel 04.0 Review

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

2"Stealth" Dornblüth Empty great to see this Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:17 am

tee530

tee530

Read the review; very nicely done as always, and I like the concept and the execution. The monochromatic effect is dramatic.

I continue to be amazed at the DDS collection you're amassing. Was this 04.0 a long time in the making and only delivered now, or did you have a earlier iteration modified? Either way, to be able to choose daily between the gold and SS versions is special indeed.

Is the case polished, like the numerals and the hands? This would be a special feature too, as the rest of the stainless steel 04.0's are brushed, I thought.

Did you consider getting the hands made from sterling silver, to match the numbers? I know this is a much softer metal, but I figure this should be possible, as gold hands are used in some watches...

-Tom

3"Stealth" Dornblüth Empty Yes, the bezel is polished! Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:49 am

dornblogger

dornblogger

Thanks Tom, I left that out.

It was my original hope to do the dial in a darker shade of silver, but that wasn't possible. I didn't ask about silver hands.

This watch was delivered to Dirk last November. I consider these little projects to be favors, so I don't put any pressure on the timing. This one did take a full 11 months to get done.

Cheers!

4"Stealth" Dornblüth Empty Re: "Stealth" Dornblüth Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Mark

That looks wonderful - very stealth wealth!

I rather like the dial colour with the numerals and the hands but I do see why you were interested in trying to make it a shade darker.

I wonder would it have been possible to have the printing on the dial done in a colour other than black? A dark gray might have continued the theme a little further.

Congratulations on a unique and very, very attractive watch - a most worthy addition to your burgeoning collection.

5"Stealth" Dornblüth Empty wow! Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:27 pm

candle7

candle7

Congrats on another great addition! Your collection is the envy of all of us here, I'm sure! Hope you enjoy this latest addition! Cheers! Very Happy

6"Stealth" Dornblüth Empty Re: "Stealth" Dornblüth Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:11 pm

Jürgen

Jürgen

The combination of the silver hands and silver appliqués is a very nice one. Have you ever thought about putting a python strap (black, white) on that watch? I think that would be a nice combination.

7"Stealth" Dornblüth Empty Python? Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:28 am

dornblogger

dornblogger

Jürgen wrote:The combination of the silver hands and silver appliqués is a very nice one. Have you ever thought about putting a python strap (black, white) on that watch? I think that would be a nice combination.

Thanks for your compliment Jürgen. I hadn't considered a python strap, but it sure would be exciting! Idea

8"Stealth" Dornblüth Empty Re: "Stealth" Dornblüth Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:22 pm

vincesf

vincesf

Dornblogger:
Congratulations on achieving a wonderful balance of traditional yet unique and understated yet elegant with your latest addition. It has to be one of my favorites.

vincesf

9"Stealth" Dornblüth Empty Thanks Vince! Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:28 pm

dornblogger

dornblogger

vincesf wrote:Dornblogger:
Congratulations on achieving a wonderful balance of traditional yet unique and understated yet elegant with your latest addition. It has to be one of my favorites.

vincesf

I really appreciate your compliments.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]