D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

99.1 with a Touch of Gold

+3
dornblogger
tee530
vincesf
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

199.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:49 pm

vincesf

vincesf

Today I received my 99.1 with silver dial, gold applied numerals, gold hands, quattro arret feature, and dark brown leather strap. Sorry that I am not able to take better pictures, but the watch comes to life when light hits it at various angles. To say that I am thrilled with the watch is an understatement, and I look forward to many years of enjoyment with my Dornblueth.

vincesf

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dscf1611

299.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Congratulations Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:01 pm

tee530

tee530

Wow. Allow me to be the first to admire and offer congratulations. No reason to be shy about the photograph either.

I think you made quite the inspired choice. The Dornblueth DNA is quite clear, and the theme of "silver & gold" is striking. I can imagine, as you say, that in the light this watch must really shine.

You and Dornblogger should figure out a way to juxtapose your most recent watches for a photo.

-Tom

399.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:51 pm

vincesf

vincesf

tee530 wrote:Wow. Allow me to be the first to admire and offer congratulations. No reason to be shy about the photograph either.

I think you made quite the inspired choice. The Dornblueth DNA is quite clear, and the theme of "silver & gold" is striking. I can imagine, as you say, that in the light this watch must really shine.

You and Dornblogger should figure out a way to juxtapose your most recent watches for a photo.

-Tom

Tom:
Thank you for the positive comments. Yes, and I just saw Dornblogger's photo of his "Stealth" for the first time today, and it instantly resonated with me as a perfect blend of understatement yet elegant, traditional yet unique.

vincesf

499.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:19 am

vincesf

vincesf

Anyone that owns a Dornblueth is probably just of proud of the back of the watch as they are with the face. Below is my feeble attempt at taking pictures of the beautiful movement displayed in the back.

vincesf

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dscf1617

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dscf1615

Last edited by vincesf on Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total

599.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Stunning! Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:52 am

dornblogger

dornblogger

Vince, thanks for posting those fabulous photos. Your watch is an original. Wear it proudly and often in good health!

Last edited by dornblogger on Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

699.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:06 am

vincesf

vincesf

dornblogger wrote:Vince, thanks for posting those fabulous photos. You're watch is an original. Wear it proudly and often in good health!

Thank you Dornblogger, it is appreciated.

vincesf

799.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:18 am

vincesf

vincesf

Two more pictures.

vincesf

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dsc03017

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dsc03018

899.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Congrats, vincesf! Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:37 pm

candle7

candle7

Looks great! Did you ask for the calibre and date engraving in the movement? The additional sunbursts and the unusual dial/hand combination make this watch a true original! Enjoy it! Cheers! Very Happy

999.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:39 pm

Mark

Congratulations, Vince - I hope you feel it was worth the wait!

I really like the additional sunburst detail on the back - looks fantastic!

1099.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Contrasts Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:24 am

tee530

tee530

Nice photos of the back too.

At the risk of gushing, I'll say again that you and Dirk have collaborated on a superior look. As much as we (and I definitely include myself) tend to fetishize the beautiful blue hands of the standard Dornblueth, I think you have found something special here. The contrasts: gold and silver, polished and matte: gold hands paired with shiny gold numerals, and grainy silver dial paired with matte steel case. The balance between the two has yielded the "ultimate Dornblueth" (if there is such a thing!)

-Tom

1199.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:00 am

vincesf

vincesf

Candle7:
Thanks for the very kind post. Yes I did request the calibre and month/year of the watch's manufacture to be enscribed on the 3/4 plate. I specified the gold hands and quattro arret center pin, as I thought it would ve a good match with the gold applied hour markers. This forum was quite helpful as I viewed pictures of other watches and spoke with forum members, before ordering. You never know how these items will come together and look when ordering the watch, but I am extremely pleased with the end result.
Vincesf

Last edited by vincesf on Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total

1299.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:17 am

vincesf

vincesf

tee530 wrote:Nice photos of the back too.

At the risk of gushing, I'll say again that you and Dirk have collaborated on a superior look. As much as we (and I definitely include myself) tend to fetishize the beautiful blue hands of the standard Dornblueth, I think you have found something special here. The contrasts: gold and silver, polished and matte: gold hands paired with shiny gold numerals, and grainy silver dial paired with matte steel case. The balance between the two has yielded the "ultimate Dornblueth" (if there is such a thing!)

-Tom

Tom:
Wow! Thank you for your complimentary post. I felt great about the watch when it arrived, and even better now with all the positive comments. I thought I was going to get slammed for not having the traditional blue hands, but the design of these watches is so fundamentally timeless that it looks great in a variety of combinations. Makes me want to work on another 6 month Dornblueth project!

Thanks again,
vincesf

1399.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:34 am

tee530

tee530

vincesf wrote:

Makes me want to work on another 6 month Dornblueth project!

Yep, looking at the your and dornblogger's watches, I started thinking how good the combination of the montego blue dial, polished silver numerals, and polished steel hands would look...

-Tom

1499.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:21 am

vincesf

vincesf

Mark wrote:Congratulations, Vince - I hope you feel it was worth the wait!

I really like the additional sunburst detail on the back - looks fantastic!

Mark:
Thank you and yes it was well worth the wait. I also appreciate that you noticed the sunburst patterns on the wheels, you have great attention to detail.

vincesf

1599.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:28 am

vincesf

vincesf

tee530 wrote:
vincesf wrote:

Makes me want to work on another 6 month Dornblueth project!

Yep, looking at the your and dornblogger's watches, I started thinking how good the combination of the montego blue dial, polished silver numerals, and polished steel hands would look...

-Tom

That would be beautiful, as the dark contrast of the dial with the lighter hands and numerals would look great.

vincesf

1699.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:39 pm

vincesf

vincesf

Any suggested combinations for a Dornblueth with an enamel dial?

vincesf

1799.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:18 am

vincesf

vincesf

I tried to shoot the watch with a different camera and pick up the concentric circles in the subdial and better detail on the back.

vincesf

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Subida11

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Balanc11

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Calibe11

1899.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:47 am

tee530

tee530

vincesf wrote:Any suggested combinations for a Dornblueth with an enamel dial?

vincesf

Maybe it's unimaginative, but I think the combination of blued steel hands with the enamel dial is too classic to mess with. All of the pocketwatch designs I like pair these two.

-Tom

1999.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:08 am

vincesf

vincesf

tee530 wrote:
vincesf wrote:Any suggested combinations for a Dornblueth with an enamel dial?

vincesf

Maybe it's unimaginative, but I think the combination of blued steel hands with the enamel dial is too classic to mess with. All of the pocketwatch designs I like pair these two.

-Tom

Agreed.

vincesf

2099.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:11 am

vincesf

vincesf

More camera fun.
vincesf

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dsc00012
99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dsc00013
99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dsc00110

2199.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:17 am

vincesf

vincesf

Even more camera fun.
vincesf

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dsc00015
99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dsc00111
99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dsc00112

2299.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:02 am

vincesf

vincesf

And More
vincesf

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dsc00114

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dsc00115

2399.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:20 am

vincesf

vincesf

One of my favorite traditional large watches with a subdial is my Stowa Marine Original Limited Edition watch with enamel dial. One of the best aspects of this watch is that it introduced me to Dornblueth, as there is a cross section of fans from both camps.

vincesf

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dsc00118

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dsc00119

2499.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:34 am

vincesf

vincesf

Then there is the IWC FA Jones, which also is one of my favorites. I must admit the movement looks rather plain in comparison to the Dornblueth.

vincesf

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dscf1510

99.1 with a Touch of Gold Dscf1511

2599.1 with a Touch of Gold Empty Re: 99.1 with a Touch of Gold Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:16 am

Mark

I love both your Stowa (especially the LE with the red 12) and your FA Jones. I came within a whisker of buying an FA Jones but ended up buying a Portuguese 7-day Automatic instead. Looking at your photos makes me wish I could have both!

Your collection is really, really after my own taste - so I think you have superb taste! Very Happy

Thanks for sharing those fab photos.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next