D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Christmas present

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Christmas present Empty Christmas present Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:08 pm

bmpf

I am a very lucky man.

I have been looking at Dornbluths on the net for some time. From the first time I saw pictures of a 99.1, I realised I needed one! I looked at them in a dealer in town near me. They were massive on my 6.5" wrists. Most disappointing, but I resigned myself to the fact that I would never own one.

Then I heard about the 04.0. My hopes were raised, but after a rush of internet searching and a further trip to the local dealer and an email exchange with Dirk himself, my hopes were dashed again. There was no way I'd be able to find one. As a consolation, I bought myself an IWC 3531 (small Portuguese), but it's not really in the same league.

Then my luck kicked in.

In response to an earlier post of mine, Dornblogger himself contacted me to offer me the opportunity to acquire his third 04.0. I leapt at the chance. It was "head only", no box, no papers. But that didn't matter to me. It had Dornblogger's name behind it, so I had faith in its authenticity. He sent it to Dirk for a clean-up and I arranged to buy it from there.

It arrived with Dirk some time in November. I hoped I'd get it back in Spring next year. I was delighted to hear, shortly after my birthday, that the watch was ready and he was awaiting my payment. I made it asap. On Christmas Eve, in the deep snow of North West Europe pre-Christmas, my watch arrived. Dirk had kindly and unexpectedly sorted out a box and papers verifying the authenticity of the watch. Just amazing!

Everything about the watch exceeds my expectations. It looks, feels and sounds like pure quality. It is the perfect size for my wrists. I can (and do) wear it to work under my suits. I am so glad that I am now part of the Dornbluth owners' club. I could never imagine feeling this way about any other watch, even the "luxury" brands that are often significantly more expensive.

My heartfelt thanks to Roger and Dirk for letting me get my hands on this beauty!

Anyway, here are a few pictures of MY beautiful number 14 for you all to enjoy.

Christmas present 5301636824_89c3ae9237_z

Christmas present 5303356160_ccaab4c3fa_z

Christmas present 5302761531_37ffb7d4b6_z

Christmas present 5302760441_a7ab4d05e3_z

2Christmas present Empty Wonderful post. Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:37 am

dornblogger

dornblogger

A great story and wonderful photos of your wonderful watch! Many thanks Ben.

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

3Christmas present Empty Re: Christmas present Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Mark

Congratulations, Ben, looks good on your wrist!

4Christmas present Empty Re: Christmas present Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Gob Bluth

That is a beauty. Congratulations!

I hope I catch a break soon and land a 04.0

Enjoy your new watch cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum