D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

East Coast GTG

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1East Coast GTG Empty East Coast GTG Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Alopex

Hi everyone,

I just discovered this forum and have been seriously considering Dornbluth. I am deciding between the 99.1 and the Regulator. My only issue is that I have a small wrist 6.5".

Besides flying to Germany, are there any members in the mid Atlantic area that would be willing to meet so that I could see a Dornbluth in person. I am located in Washington DC area but would be willing to travel to surrounding states to meet.

Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to post.

Thank you.

2East Coast GTG Empty Re: East Coast GTG Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:41 pm

Designaddict

Designaddict

Hi Alopex,

I'm sorry that I'm not in the States but living in Denmark, too far away I should think:-)

But a big welcome to this Forum, not the most active one as such but a great place exchange views on the beautiful Dornblüth watches.

Best regards
Michael

3East Coast GTG Empty Re: East Coast GTG Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Alopex

Thank you.

It seems that there are not a lot of Dornbluths in US or on the East coast. I have posted this request on another forum and no luck yet.

I have come to the conclusion that I really need to see the watch in person since there are mixed reviews regarding fitting a small wrist. I have tried other 42mm watches such as IWC but it is very difficult to tell.

4East Coast GTG Empty Re: East Coast GTG Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:54 am

Mark

Welcome to the forum, Alopex.

I'm afraid Dublin isn't any nearer to the East Coast than Denmark, so I can't help with a meet up.

I can say that I have both an IWC Portuguese 7-day Automatic (5001 model), and although the Dornblueth 99.1 is almost exactly the same diameter, it does wear a little smaller than the IWC. Not a lot of help, but it may give you some small idea.

5East Coast GTG Empty Re: East Coast GTG Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:33 am

Alopex

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the reference. I will give the 5001 IWC a try and see.

Is it possible that you could post some pictures of your IWC and 99.1 next to each other with lugs lined-up and a second picture from the side so it shows one watch on top of another so that I can see the lug-to-lug comparisons?

Really appreciate the help.

6East Coast GTG Empty Re: East Coast GTG Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:25 am

Mark

Alopex wrote:Hi Mark,

Thank you for the reference. I will give the 5001 IWC a try and see.

Is it possible that you could post some pictures of your IWC and 99.1 next to each other with lugs lined-up and a second picture from the side so it shows one watch on top of another so that I can see the lug-to-lug comparisons?

Really appreciate the help.

PM sent; I'll get some photos up next weekend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum