D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

My 99.1 Customization Plan

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My 99.1 Customization Plan Empty My 99.1 Customization Plan Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:25 pm

sierra11b

Over the hump on my 99.1 order and have really been thinking about customizations lately and managed to expand my budget for QA, possibly the bracelet although I'm not sure how it would look with this combination...

I am still undecided on the dial being silver black print or silver with YG appliques even though I am leaning toward YG and Blue as that combination has a special place in my heart from my Airborne Infantry days (infantry insignia), plus the contrast is pretty nice to boot. Before discovering Dornbluth I was leaning toward the Nomos Orion in the same gold/blue pattern because I was drawn to it the most.

Here's the plan… And yes, this is a keeper unless I find a buyer with the same initials silent :

- Stainless Steel Case

- Silver Dial with Yellow Gold appliques

- Blued Hands

- Quattro Arret

- Leather Band on deployant (not sure which color yet but likely the whiskey colored croc if Dirk offers colored threading)

- Sunburst pattern on the wheels

- My three letter initials centered inside the rubies "EJS"

- The DOB of my first son done in X.XX.2013 format below the ratchet wheel. Son should arrive a month before the watch is due.

- Rhodium Plated movement with yellow engravings AND yellow gold engraved balance cock (see borrowed picture). I like how the YG pops off the rhodium and it keeps with the dial theme of gold on "silver"

My 99.1 Customization Plan Rodiumcoated

2My 99.1 Customization Plan Empty Re: My 99.1 Customization Plan Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:17 pm

TomTom73

TomTom73

A really good choice.

Espcially the rhodinated movement with the YG engravings is amazing and fits to a stainless steel watch better than the orignal redgold (imho).

Seems that we have the same taste: just wearing a Nomos Orion TV date (white) Very Happy

NB: You should plan a second child well in advance Wink

3My 99.1 Customization Plan Empty Re: My 99.1 Customization Plan Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:56 am

sierra11b

TomTom73 wrote:A really good choice.

Espcially the rhodinated movement with the YG engravings is amazing and fits to a stainless steel watch better than the orignal redgold (imho).

Seems that we have the same taste: just wearing a Nomos Orion TV date (white) Very Happy

NB: You should plan a second child well in advance Wink

Thank you! What sold me on the Rhodium was this particular example with the YG engraved balance.

As for the second child, if it happens to be a girl i'm not too sure about a 42mm watch... Maybe I'll have enough for a Quintus by then? Shocked

4My 99.1 Customization Plan Empty Re: My 99.1 Customization Plan Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:32 am

Rubar

Good choise! I choise too rhodinated movement with the YG engravings for "Panda" Reg.
"As for the second child, if it happens to be a girl i'm not too sure about a 42mm watch... Maybe I'll have enough for a Quintus by then?"
Maybe "Jasmin"? Wink

5My 99.1 Customization Plan Empty Re: My 99.1 Customization Plan Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:46 pm

TomTom73

TomTom73

Right, the Jasmin would be an option Very Happy

But I guess it´s already sold out...

6My 99.1 Customization Plan Empty Re: My 99.1 Customization Plan Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:48 pm

Rubar

But I guess it´s already sold out...
You are right. I noticed only today that this model has disappeared from the Dornbluth site Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum