D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

A parcel from Germany...

+3
pichao
Zdenek
Mark
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A parcel from Germany... Empty A parcel from Germany... Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:57 pm

Mark

I arrived home this evening to find waiting for me a large FedEx parcel from Germany which I've been eagerly awaiting since I placed an order last June.

So, without further ado, I present the new horological love of my life:

A parcel from Germany... WatchPhotos17-06-09041

It's a 99.1 in stainless steel.

A parcel from Germany... WatchPhotos17-06-09042

It's got the enamel dial, which has a glorious glossy lustre in real life and which I've tried, and failed miserably, to capture accurately in the photos...

A parcel from Germany... WatchPhotos17-06-09043

A parcel from Germany... WatchPhotos17-06-09047

And, of course, the engraved back which I'm going to need a macro lens to capture with any accuracy - I can't get a decent shot of the fine engraving done by hand on the swan neck...

A parcel from Germany... WatchPhotos17-06-09061

And finally a slightly blurry wrist-shot for perspective...

A parcel from Germany... WatchPhotos17-06-09069

I might say, if anyone is thinking of ordering a Dornblueth, I cannot speak highly enough of Dirk and his team. I was kept in touch throughout the manufacture, sent photographs of the watch being made, asked for my input on engraving and straps - it really was a very special experience and I will enjoy the watch all the more as a result.

I suspect that those on here who already own a Dornblueth will know what I mean...

2A parcel from Germany... Empty Re: A parcel from Germany... Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:48 pm

Zdenek

Great looking watch. Congrats! Let us know about accuracy.
Wear it in the best health.
Z

3A parcel from Germany... Empty Really good looking Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:46 pm

pichao

I really like this model!

Pichao

4A parcel from Germany... Empty Re: A parcel from Germany... Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:50 pm

Mark

Thanks guys! Very Happy

5A parcel from Germany... Empty Dial Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:19 pm

pichao

Enamel dial?

Pichao

6A parcel from Germany... Empty Spectacular! Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:19 pm

dornblogger

dornblogger

Congratulations, and thanks for the great photos. That's the first enamel dial I've seen on a 99.X. It looks fantastic! tongue

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

7A parcel from Germany... Empty Re: A parcel from Germany... Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:05 pm

Mark

pichao wrote:Enamel dial?

Pichao

Yes Very Happy

dornblogger wrote:Congratulations, and thanks for the great photos. That's the first enamel dial I've seen on a 99.X. It looks fantastic! tongue

Thank you! The photos really don't do the enamel justice - it's got a refined and delicate finish in real life (I seem to recall that you saw one on your visit to Kalbe?) but my photography skills are non-existent and I can't do it justice. I'll keep trying though!

8A parcel from Germany... Empty re: Congratulations Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:56 pm

vinesf

Mark:
Thank you for sharing the pictures and insights on your beautiful watch.
The workmanship is very impressive and obviously worth the wait.
Enjoy and I look forward to reading your future impressions regarding your Dornblueth.
vincesf

9A parcel from Germany... Empty Congratulations! Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:13 am

candle7

candle7

It looks great! I hope you enjoy it in good health for years to come! Cheers! Very Happy

10A parcel from Germany... Empty Re: A parcel from Germany... Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Mark

Thank you! Very Happy

11A parcel from Germany... Empty Re: A parcel from Germany... Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:19 pm

vincesf

vincesf

Your pictures disappeared, perhaps you can repost?
Thanks,
vincesf

12A parcel from Germany... Empty Re: A parcel from Germany... Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:52 am

andrea_f

andrea_f
Admin

If you open pics in another window, they work.... Rolling Eyes

https://dornbluth.forumotion.com

13A parcel from Germany... Empty Re: A parcel from Germany... Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:22 am

vincesf

vincesf

andrea_f wrote:If you open pics in another window, they work.... Rolling Eyes

Yes, the pictures are back. Again, thank you for sharing. The enamel dial is beautiful and yes you can tell the difference in the photos. This style of subdial was an excellent selection with the enamel dial, and I noted some extra engraving on the back. I wish you many years of enjoyment with your watch.

vincesf

14A parcel from Germany... Empty Re: A parcel from Germany... Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Mark

Sorry about the pictures disappearing, I'm a bit of a novice with Photobucket. I think they're back now?

Thanks again for the good wishes and for anyone considering an enamel dial, I recommend it very highly. Even my wife, who normally notices nothing about my watches, said last night "I really like that watch on you - it's got a lovely, old-fashioned look to it."

Unfortunately, about 5 minutes later, she turned to me again and said "Hold on, have you bought another watch??!!" - but that's another story Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum