D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Greetings from Michigan

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Greetings from Michigan Empty Greetings from Michigan Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:51 pm

TimeZero

Hello everyone,

I just want to stop in and say hello from Ann Arbor, Michigan.

I don't yet own a Dornblueth watch, but have admired their craftsmanship and their simple, clean appearance for some time. I am planning a purchase soon, and am currently exploring a number of options. Initially, I was interested in either a 99.2 or 99.3 since I find a power reserve indicator a useful complication (and one that's relatively unusual). I also like the idea of having a date complication, so I sometimes lean towards ditching the power reserve and just getting a 99.4 instead. I posted some comments on another watch forum, where one respondent put up photos of his regulator - this has now only added to my indecision!

I have been corresponding with Dirk over the past few weeks in my seemingly unending quest for information. One option I floated was a watch with a power reserve and date function, similar to the 99.3, but with a central seconds hand instead. If Dirk could produce such a watch with the dials arranged at 12 & 6 (like the regulator) rather than at 9 & 3, I'd probably pick it up in a New York minute. We'll see what he says about its feasibility.

I'm also trying to figure out whether to go with applied numerals (I think that's a yes) and what color (I'm leaning towards blue). The dial will be silver rather than black or blue, since I already have a Stowa Marine Original LE II, which has a black dial. I also intend to order the watch with the Quattro Arret feature. Although I thought I didn't care for steel bracelets, I've seen photos of the Dornie on steel and have now been convinced they're beautiful!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to spending more time here reading and learning as my decisions slowly get made and my watch gets designed and built.

Regards,

James

Last edited by TimeZero on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.PearTreePens.com

2Greetings from Michigan Empty Welcome James! Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:39 am

dornblogger

dornblogger

I can't wait to hear more about your order. Isn't it a pleasure to correspond with the watchmaker himself?

Cheers!

P.S. - Say hello to Zingerman's for me. tongue

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

3Greetings from Michigan Empty Re: Greetings from Michigan Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:40 pm

TimeZero

dornblogger wrote:I can't wait to hear more about your order. Isn't it a pleasure to correspond with the watchmaker himself?

Cheers!

P.S. - Say hello to Zingerman's for me. tongue

I'm waiting for Dirk to respond to my last inquiry (are they on holiday in Germany this week?), and I'll definitely keep you updated as I learn more.

Zingerman's is great! I'll have a Nosher and a kosher dill for you. I'm guessing your a U of M alum? or are your ties to Ann Arbor based elsewhere?

By the way, thanks for your terrific blog! the photos and descriptions are amazing and certainly continue to tantalize me as I go through the process of buying my first Dornblueth.

http://www.PearTreePens.com

4Greetings from Michigan Empty Re: Greetings from Michigan Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:17 pm

dornblogger

dornblogger

TimeZero wrote:(are they on holiday in Germany this week?)

Yes, they're on holiday:

"Wir bedanken uns für Ihre e-mail.
Wir machen Urlaub ...
Ab dem 25. Juli stehen wir Ihnen wieder zur Verfuegung und melden uns bei Ihnen.

Ihr Dornblueth & Sohn-Team
===============================

We are on vacation!

Thank you for your e-mail. From July 25 we will be back and contact you.

Your Dornblueth & Sohn-team"

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

5Greetings from Michigan Empty Re: Greetings from Michigan Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Mark

Welcome to the forum, James!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum