D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suggestions sought - for a smaller wrist (men's)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

devnull

Hi all,

After lurking here for a while, I'm seeking suggestions from esteemed members and owners of Dornblüth pieces.

Problem: I have a smaller sized wrist: about 6.5" (for a snug fit). [I don't like to wear them too tight, but just wanted to give a dimension.]

I love the simple dial of the 99.1, 04.0, 99.2 models. I also love the Jasmin model (mainly because of the smaller size, but also because it looks a bit like the 99.0 / 99.1). How do these models wear on the wrist?

1. What models would you suggest, given a smaller wrist?
I saw some pics of the 99.1, but would ideally love to see one in real life before ordering.

2. Are there any dealers or people in Chicago area who might be able to show one of their watches? I would *really* love to get a tactile feel of one before seeking one.

3. Is the Jasmin model too feminine for men?? Would appreciate comments on this.

4. I really wear most of my watches on the right hand. Are there any others who do the same?

Thanks! Appreciate your insights.
Have a good weekend!

TomTom73

TomTom73

Hi,

you are right. If possible you should try to find a Dornblüth for a "physical" test. Meanwhile I do not buy a watch without having it in hands and on arm first.

I know some Dornblüth owners meanwhile. Some of them thought that they cannot wear a Dorni because of its 42mm case, but they can and it looks good.

1. All cases of the regular models have a diameter of 42mm

2. Easier for me because Kalbe is only 60 kms away Wink

3. No, the Jasmin is not too feminine in my eyes. It is only the name but can easily be worn by men as well. D. Dornblüth told me that he sold this model to men, too (especially with smaller wrist sizes).

4. I´m swimming with the majority, sorry.

Once you have decided please let us know.

devnull

Thanks, TomTom73 for your views. I will definitely give the Jasmin a look.
I'm awaiting the catalog. Meanwhile, the hunt goes on for a real life Dorn that I can test.

Perhaps I'll try one of the other brand's 42mm case and see how it fits.

TomTom73 wrote:Hi,

you are right. If possible you should try to find a Dornblüth for a "physical" test. Meanwhile I do not buy a watch without having it in hands and on arm first.

I know some Dornblüth owners meanwhile. Some of them thought that they cannot wear a Dorni because of its 42mm case, but they can and it looks good.

1. All cases of the regular models have a diameter of 42mm

2. Easier for me because Kalbe is only 60 kms away Wink

3. No, the Jasmin is not too feminine in my eyes. It is only the name but can easily be worn by men as well. D. Dornblüth told me that he sold this model to men, too (especially with smaller wrist sizes).

4. I´m swimming with the majority, sorry.

Once you have decided please let us know.

zem52887

devnull -- did you ever have any luck tracking one down in real life?

I'm eyeing the 99.2, but have the same problem as you (small wrist), and consequently would love to try one on.

On that note, is there anyone in Manhattan who might be willing to meet up?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum