D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello from San Jose (99.2)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hello from San Jose (99.2) Empty Hello from San Jose (99.2) Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:40 am

wristwatchin

Hello from San Jose,CA

After having lusted after a Dornbluth for quite some time, I finally was able to get my hands on a nice 99.2 today (silver dial/printed). Love the brand, love the history, love the watch =)

I have to wait until November 26th to wear it though. I made a promise to myself that the Dornie would be an heirloom for my first-born son. I figured that it would be a sentimental touch to wear the watch for the first time I hold my son this coming Thanksgiving.

So until then, I'm just enjoying the display box and waiting with anticipation until I can introduce "my Dornbluth" to "my sohn".

Thanks guys,

Wristwatchin

2Hello from San Jose (99.2) Empty Re: Hello from San Jose (99.2) Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:06 pm

tee530

tee530

Welcome to the club and congratulations on the
iconic 99.2!

I admire your fortitude in waiting to wear your watch for the
first time, but you will always be able, in years to come,
to say just how long you've had it.

How about photos? And are you winding and using the 99.2 as a desk clock
in its cool box in the meantime?

3Hello from San Jose (99.2) Empty Re: Hello from San Jose (99.2) Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:21 pm

Mark

Welcome to the forum!

I too intend to pass my 99.1 onto my son when he turns 21 (in just over 16 years!) and his initials are engraved on the movement. I not sure I'd have sufficient willpower to refrain from wearing it as you're doing - I salute your self-discipline!

4Hello from San Jose (99.2) Empty Re: Hello from San Jose (99.2) Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:05 pm

vincesf

vincesf

Welcome and I am from San Francisco. I must say that three happiest days of my life were the 3 birthdates of my sons. Also, I inherited my love for watches from my father who still has the watch he was wearing when I was born. He said that the first sounds I heard were the ticking of that watch. The watch was a Jaeger Le Coultre and needless to say my dad still has it in his collection. Congratulations on your first son and a great watch.
vincesf

5Hello from San Jose (99.2) Empty Thanks for the Responses Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:01 pm

wristwatchin

Thanks for the Responses Guys,

I appreciate hearing your stories as well. I believe wristwatches and this brand in particular suit an heirloom piece perfectly. Watches are small, practical, and can be used daily for decades with the proper care. D.D.&S. has and additional attraction for me being a throwback to old-world craftsmanship with a nice father-son sentimentality to boot.

Until my "big day" this coming November I am enjoying my 99.2 as a desk clock. Oh apologies on the clarity of the pics, I'm into watches....photography, not so much.

Wristwatchin-

Here's two beautiful faces..

[img]Hello from San Jose (99.2) IMG_0853[/img]

And of course the heartbeart...

Hello from San Jose (99.2) IMG_0854

6Hello from San Jose (99.2) Empty Re: Hello from San Jose (99.2) Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:42 am

andrea_f

andrea_f
Admin

Welcome here mate! Really nice pictures!
The story of my 99.1 is similar to yours. I decide to order it after that my first son was born. I ask to Dirk, to engrave on the movement his birthdate, and, on the backcase, names of all components of my family.
Many compliments!
Very Happy

https://dornbluth.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum