D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

It sat on my desk for 3 months until birth!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wristwatchin

Hello Again,

For those of you that remember I originally posted back in July regarding my recent heirloom purchase of a 99.2 to commemorate my firstborn (Hello from San Jose 99.2). I'm not the first to consider a DD&S for such an occasion. But, the difficult part was that prior to purchase I had decided not to physically put the watch on until the the moment of the birth of my son. Hence, I can always tell him exactly how long I've been wearing the watch.

Well, as of this past Tuesday. I am wearing the watch! Obviously I'm over the moon about my son, but since this is a watch forum and not a baby forum I will try to stay focused.

It was difficult to sit and stare at the dornie on my desk for three months. Everyday it would sit there as a desk clock just asking for a trial run on my wrist. The temptation was at times unbearable, but I'm glad I waited since the significance added was worth it. Now that I have the date of delivery, I'll be sending in back in to Dirk for a proper engraving of initials and DOB.

Thank you to all the posts back in August. This forum is a gem and one I look forward to being a part of in the future.

Well, you saw him in-utero back in July (still posted). Well, here is the finished product.

Thank you,

wristwatchin

It sat on my desk for 3 months until birth! IMG_1200

2It sat on my desk for 3 months until birth! Empty Congratulations! Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:19 pm

dornblogger

dornblogger

Your baby boy totally eclipses your 99.2, and your 99.2 is none too shabby! Thanks for your post.

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

vincesf

vincesf

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful (handsome) child. Patience is a great virtue of any parent and you certainly showed great patience and restraint in waiting to wear your Dornblueth until the birth of your child. Well done! My father still has the watch he wore on my birthdate and he recalls that the ticking of the watch was one of the first sounds that I encountered, and had a calming effect on me.
Congratulations again and thank you for sharing.
vincesf

Mark

What a handsome beast! Sincere congratulations!

The watch isn't bad either... Wink

5It sat on my desk for 3 months until birth! Empty Thanks Guys Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:47 am

wristwatchin

Dornblogger,Vincesf,Mark,

Thanks for the replies guys. It has been an exciting past week for sure. Loving the 99.2 it literally has not left my wrist since Tues at 8:30am (with the exception of showers).

Thanks again for the response.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum