D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Curious in California

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Curious in California Empty Curious in California Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:37 pm

Amok

Hello Dornblueth fans. I'm learning more about the Dornblueth watches and certainly like what I see. My reading has been enjoyable and the photos are fantastic.

It appears like there are three avenues open for me to acquire a Dornblueth:
-- be lucky to catch one on the secondary market of high reputation. (joy of the hunt)
-- acquire a 'stock item' from the one web-based AD operating in the US based on inventory / availability (off the shelf)
-- email/fax correspondence to order direct from Kalbe which may allow for certain customizations (personalized service)

Any thoughts /experiences from those of you fortunate enough to have one (or more) of these timepieces? I welcome hearing from you. Of course, in the meantime, I will enjoy exploring the forums.

Oh, I particularly admire the deck chronometer inspired 99.0 / 99.1 for historical underpinnings, readability, and uncomplicated sophistication. Smile

2Curious in California Empty Welcome Amok! Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:01 am

dornblogger

dornblogger

Amok wrote:Hello Dornblueth fans. I'm learning more about the Dornblueth watches and certainly like what I see. My reading has been enjoyable and the photos are fantastic.

It appears like there are three avenues open for me to acquire a Dornblueth:
-- be lucky to catch one on the secondary market of high reputation. (joy of the hunt)
-- acquire a 'stock item' from the one web-based AD operating in the US based on inventory / availability (off the shelf)
-- email/fax correspondence to order direct from Kalbe which may allow for certain customizations (personalized service)

Any thoughts /experiences from those of you fortunate enough to have one (or more) of these timepieces? I welcome hearing from you. Of course, in the meantime, I will enjoy exploring the forums.

Oh, I particularly admire the deck chronometer inspired 99.0 / 99.1 for historical underpinnings, readability, and uncomplicated sophistication. Smile

I have done the first and the last, the last being the most preferable by far. If you're into doing some "hands on" research, I'm also here in SoCal and I've got a couple of Dornblüths that I'd be proud to show you.

Cheers!

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

3Curious in California Empty One more route... Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:41 pm

tee530

tee530

There are also other AD's outside the US that you can peruse,
and I've had a good experience with the Amsterdam Watch Company
(www.awco.nl). Subtract the Dutch VAT (19%, I think) from the prices
on their site to get the exported price.

Only compelling reasons to do this are 1) they have a piece not available at
the US AD, and 2) you can't wait for the direct order from Dirk.

Tom

4Curious in California Empty RE: one more route Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:40 am

Amok

I hadn't considered that. Nice angle. I had run across the Netherlands site as there are just so few places to bounce between in learning about the Dornblueth line. Thanks.

5Curious in California Empty Re: Curious in California Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:27 am

Mark

Ordering a watch from Dirk, deciding exactly what you want from your Dornblueth and getting updated from Kalbe while the watch is being made is, in my opinion, one of the most rewarding watch experiences one can have. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

6Curious in California Empty Re: Curious in California Mon May 03, 2010 6:16 pm

vincesf

vincesf

Mark wrote:Ordering a watch from Dirk, deciding exactly what you want from your Dornblueth and getting updated from Kalbe while the watch is being made is, in my opinion, one of the most rewarding watch experiences one can have. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

+1

vincesf

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum