D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am new here >>>

+2
pichao
Zdenek
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I am new here >>> Empty I am new here >>> Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:14 pm

Zdenek

Hello,
I am from Prague, Czech Rep. I am glad I meet Jocke here whom I have known from several other fora. Hi, Jocke!
Several years I have been following DD watches but still have none. Maybe soon ...
I can see here that Dornbluth's made custom modifications that are not mentioned in their catalogue - gold numerals on dial, and perhaps some others. It seems that the balance cock is made of gold, am I right?
The time I feel "need" for a new watch has come. As always I would like to discuss my choice and/or recommendations from the forum public. I like all DD models but the Regulator attracts me most at present. What's your opinion, experience and experiences with other models?
Can these watches be positively compared with other manufactures, GP, e.g.?
Thank you.
Zdenek

2I am new here >>> Empty welcome! Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:10 am

pichao

Zdenek wrote:Hello,
I am from Prague, Czech Rep. I am glad I meet Jocke here whom I have known from several other fora. Hi, Jocke!
Several years I have been following DD watches but still have none. Maybe soon ...
I can see here that Dornbluth's made custom modifications that are not mentioned in their catalogue - gold numerals on dial, and perhaps some others. It seems that the balance cock is made of gold, am I right?
The time I feel "need" for a new watch has come. As always I would like to discuss my choice and/or recommendations from the forum public. I like all DD models but the Regulator attracts me most at present. What's your opinion, experience and experiences with other models?
Can these watches be positively compared with other manufactures, GP, e.g.?
Thank you.
Zdenek

Welcome to this forum!

What is your favourite Dornblueth model?

Pichao

3I am new here >>> Empty Re: I am new here >>> Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:05 pm

Zdenek

Regulator, center second model, 99.1.

4I am new here >>> Empty Re: I am new here >>> Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:02 pm

Mark

Welcome to the forum, Zdenek!

As you can see on the 'My Watch' section of the forum, I have just received a 99.1 (so you can probably guess what my favourite model is!).

I've only had it for a short period but I'm really, really pleased with it. The quality, finish and attention to detail are absolutely first rate.

I've never come across a Patek, Lange or Vacheron Costantin outside of photographs so I can't compare my Dornblueth to them. However, I think the quality is definitely as good as my IWC Portuguese 7-day Automatic - and I think that's very high-quality indeed!

I wouldn't have any hesitation about recommending the whole experience of purchasing from Dirk and the team - if you can, you should!

5I am new here >>> Empty Re: I am new here >>> Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:49 pm

andrea_f

andrea_f
Admin

Hi Zdenek,

hope that reading this forum will help you in your choice. I own a 99.1, and it's the best watch I have.
Enjoy this forum!

https://dornbluth.forumotion.com

6I am new here >>> Empty Favorite Dornblüth Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:09 pm

dornblogger

dornblogger

First, a big WELCOME! to Zdenek.

In answer to pichao's question, my favorite Dornblüth is, of course, which ever one I have on my wrist! That changes all the time. Twisted Evil

Cheers!

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

vincesf

vincesf

Mark wrote:Welcome to the forum, Zdenek!

.....I've never come across a Patek, Lange or Vacheron Costantin outside of photographs so I can't compare my Dornblueth to them. However, I think the quality is definitely as good as my IWC Portuguese 7-day Automatic - and I think that's very high-quality indeed!

I am the opposite, as I own Patek and IWC watches and have only seen Dornblueth watches from photographs. I must say that I am very impressed with the pictures I have seen and I am looking forward to seeing and owning one first-hand..or should I say first-wrist.

vincesf

8I am new here >>> Empty Not the same Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:11 am

dornblogger

dornblogger

vincesf wrote:
Mark wrote:Welcome to the forum, Zdenek!

.....I've never come across a Patek, Lange or Vacheron Costantin outside of photographs so I can't compare my Dornblueth to them. However, I think the quality is definitely as good as my IWC Portuguese 7-day Automatic - and I think that's very high-quality indeed!

I am the opposite, as I own Patek and IWC watches and have only seen Dornblueth watches from photographs. I must say that I am very impressed with the pictures I have seen and I am looking forward to seeing and owning one first-hand..or should I say first-wrist.

vincesf

Guys:

Just a word on these types of comparisons, which I believe are somewhat like trying to compare apples to oranges. Dornblüths are very different creations from the likes of Lange, et al. They are considerably more rough around the edges in terms of finish, and they seem less substantial due to the prevalence of stainless steel cases (which are much lighter than an IWC Flieger model, for example).

The richness of Dornblüths are apparent in their aesthetic beauty and their handcrafted quality, accomplished using generally low-tech, classic German watchmaking techniques and ingenuity.

I've visited both Glashütte and Kalbe. The operations in these two places have little in common.

Cheers!

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum