D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

New to Site

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New to Site Empty New to Site Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:36 am

Bhoff

Hi everyone,

Just recieved my mailing from Dornbluth and signed up to the site today. I have a regulator watch on order coming directly from the manufacturer. I first must say that Mr. Dornbluth Jr. has been great answering all of my questions. I wanted to pose a question to all of you regarding the Applique option that he has available for his watches. I am mulling adding this feature to the regulator watch if it is available for the engraved dial not the enamel one. My question is How do you think it will look, I assume that the Appliques would be applied to the outer numbers on ther regulator dial and I am wondering what that will look like? Will it bring more value to the watch in terms of aesthetics? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Brian

2New to Site Empty Re: New to Site Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:04 pm

andrea_f

andrea_f
Admin

Brian we have the same problem...I'm waiting for my 99.1 and I want to add raised numerals too, but I'm not sure about it....Form pics this add seems absolutely great on white dials, but I never see a pic of a black dial with this appliques...About youre regultaor..it have a white dial, so do it! Very Happy

https://dornbluth.forumotion.com

3New to Site Empty Re: New to Site Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:29 am

dornblogger

dornblogger

Bhoff wrote:Hi everyone,

Just recieved my mailing from Dornbluth and signed up to the site today. I have a regulator watch on order coming directly from the manufacturer. I first must say that Mr. Dornbluth Jr. has been great answering all of my questions. I wanted to pose a question to all of you regarding the Applique option that he has available for his watches. I am mulling adding this feature to the regulator watch if it is available for the engraved dial not the enamel one. My question is How do you think it will look, I assume that the Appliques would be applied to the outer numbers on ther regulator dial and I am wondering what that will look like? Will it bring more value to the watch in terms of aesthetics? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Brian

Brian,

Welcome to the forum! If by "Applique" you mean applied numerals, I think there might be a misunderstanding. Based solely upon my own experience with my 99.3 and 04.0, I've noticed the numerals are raised, and not applied. This is a process accomplished by Dornblüth's outside dial supplier. The Regulator's dial options, to my knowledge, are both manufactured in-house by Dornblüth. In my opinion, the look of the ceramic version wouldn't be compatible with the look of raised numerals, and my [uneducated] guess is that the process of manufacturing the engraved dial wouldn't allow for raised numerals either. Please ask Dirk and let us know what he has to say.

Cheers!

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

4New to Site Empty Raised numerals on the regulator Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:20 am

Bhoff

Thanks Andrea and Dornblogger for responding I appreciate your thoughts and insights. I actually spoke with Dirk via email and he said as you suggested that the raised numerals were not compatible with the in house dial that he is now manufacturing for the regulator. Also, he stated that the quatro arret add on is already included in the regulator so that is something also that you would not need to add on to the watch. Thanks for all your help and I will pass along any info as I get it and I will definitely send a picture when I recieve the watch sometime in December.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum