D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally Ready to Join the Dornbluth Owners Club

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Gob Bluth

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking on this site for a few years and can't stand on the sidelines any longer. I absolutely love the 99.1 but my 6.5 inch wrist and preference for smaller appearing watches have held me back from buying one. Having read up on the 04.0 it seems perfect for me. I'm now diligently hunting for a 04.0 as I want a dress watch to wear to the office daily (I opened my law firm with a partner about 2 weeks ago and we decided to wear a suit or coat and tie daily).

I realize the 04.0 is a rare bird but if anyone knows someone looking to sell or knows of one for sale in their area I would truly appreciate any help you may be able to provide.

Thanks!

Ross

Mark

Welcome to the forum, Ross, and I'll keep my eyes peeled for you!

3Finally Ready to Join the Dornbluth Owners Club Empty Welcome Ross! Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:36 am

dornblogger

dornblogger

Coming up with a 04.0 will take much vigilance and patience, but they're well worth the effort!

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

Gob Bluth

Thank you for the welcome Mark and Dornblogger.

I'm hoping something pops up soon as the 04.0 is THE watch for me. I have a feeling that I'm in for a long wait.

What do you think about the traditional dial Dornbluth Jasmin for a man? I have a 34mm Rolex Air King and like the size but the fact that the Jasmin is made specifically for women would likely get stuck in the back of my mind.

Mark

I don't think there's anything inherently feminine about the Jasmins- if you're happy with the size, I don't see a problem.

tee530

tee530

nola1 wrote:
What do you think about the traditional dial Dornbluth Jasmin for a man? I have a 34mm Rolex Air King and like the size but the fact that the Jasmin is made specifically for women would likely get stuck in the back of my mind.

Hi Ross,

I think the 09 model is worth considering. I know the size (34.5 mm) and the provenance ("ladies' model"!) could be barriers to overcome but consider: one of the best-regarded watches of the past decade, Philip Dufour's Simplicity, was designed and released at 34 mm. (Admittedly, he later made a 37 mm version as well.)

I have an 04.0 and am happy with the 38 mm size on 7.5" wrists (as well as 6'2" frame) but I wear vintage 34 mm watches often as well. Dial size on Dornblüth is large relative to the case, leading to the common "it wears large" comment.

I'm not trying to sell you on a watch you don't truly want (never a good idea) merely offering up some food for thought. Here's another: would it help your perception on the 09 as a ladies' model if you worked with Dirk on a customized version for yourself? Say a dial, hands, and case finishing, maybe even movement finishing that makes it definitely "yours"?

Tom

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum