D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

How about the precision of Dornbluth watches...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

staiku

I thought that it would be interesting to start a topic about the precision in timekeeping of the Dornbluth watches. Why? Because, in my opinion, the beauty of a watch is very much about how well it keeps time...this is the first purpose of a watch, to measure time...a beautiful looking watch means nothing if it doesn't have the ability to tell the time within a reasonable margin of accuracy. So...did anybody tested his or her watch?

2How about the precision of Dornbluth watches... Empty Fine idea! Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:34 pm

dornblogger

dornblogger

I don't know much about precision, but my sense is that my Dornblüths are at least as accurate as any other mechanical watches in my collection.

Can you establish the parameters for testing accuracy? It would be very interesting (and maybe helpful to Dirk) to compile the results.

Cheers!

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

3How about the precision of Dornbluth watches... Empty Parameters for testing accuracy... Fri May 01, 2009 7:39 pm

staiku

I wear my Dornbluth every day, seven days(and nights) a week, so in testing accuracy, for me, the only parameter that matters is how the watch perform on the wrist. As for the reference timekeeper, I use the internet GMT time (see the GMT official site), which they say is accurate within 1 second. I know that there are other scientific methods for testing accuracy of a watch... but, as I mentioned before, for me, the whole purpose and beauty of a watch is to wear it (I don't believe in a beautiful handcrafted but unwearable watch...I've seen some of those at Basel last year).
Now, about my own cal.04.0...when I received the watch, it ran about +4 sec/day, but the difference increased suddenly to +20 sec/day, after I did not wear the watch for almost 2 months...this margin of error remained for a while but again, after not wearing the watch for a couple of days, the difference reached +26 sec/day...this is a little bit strange but not very annoying.
So, I'm looking forward to read your experience regarding this matter.

4How about the precision of Dornbluth watches... Empty IWC versus dornbluth Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:47 pm

pichao

staiku wrote:I thought that it would be interesting to start a topic about the precision in timekeeping of the Dornbluth watches. Why? Because, in my opinion, the beauty of a watch is very much about how well it keeps time...this is the first purpose of a watch, to measure time...a beautiful looking watch means nothing if it doesn't have the ability to tell the time within a reasonable margin of accuracy. So...did anybody tested his or her watch?

Her is a link to a comparison between iwc and dornbluth. The weak side of dornbluth seems to be the accuracy. But this might have changed since 2006..

http://www.watchbizz.com/archive/wt_2006_02/WT_2006_02_058.pdf

Pichao

5How about the precision of Dornbluth watches... Empty Accuracy according to Dirk Dornblueth Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:52 pm

pichao

pichao wrote:
staiku wrote:I thought that it would be interesting to start a topic about the precision in timekeeping of the Dornbluth watches. Why? Because, in my opinion, the beauty of a watch is very much about how well it keeps time...this is the first purpose of a watch, to measure time...a beautiful looking watch means nothing if it doesn't have the ability to tell the time within a reasonable margin of accuracy. So...did anybody tested his or her watch?

Her is a link to a comparison between iwc and dornbluth. The weak side of dornbluth seems to be the accuracy. But this might have changed since 2006..

http://www.watchbizz.com/archive/wt_2006_02/WT_2006_02_058.pdf

Pichao

This is the answer on accuracy I received from Dirk Dornblueth:

"Our watches are delivered in -2/+6 sec per day. We have a testing period of several days here to regulate the timepiece.
But there are different wearing behaviours of the individual client, which have influence on the results, but our experiences tell us, that the difference will be in this area"

Pichao

Mark

That's a very interesting article, Pichao, thanks for posting the link.

andrea_f

andrea_f
Admin

I have my 99.1 form December 2008. At the moment it loose 2 secs per day. I think it's a great timekeeping.

https://dornbluth.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum