D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

REGULATOR!

+2
Mark
dornblogger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1REGULATOR! Empty REGULATOR! Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:40 pm

dornblogger

dornblogger

From my blog:

"With great pride, patience and enthusiasm, Dirk and Anja not only explained but also demonstrated many of the manufacture’s assets and operations. Having just visited two major manufacturers in the German watchmaking Mecca of Glashütte the prior day, I could very readily appreciate the vast differences between them. Where the larger, commercial manufacturers have modern machinery and techniques, the Dornblüth team has palpable ingenuity and resourcefulness. The large manufacturers produce seemingly flawless, highly polished product, while the Dornblüth product plainly bears its handcrafted soul.

To wit, our tour ended back in the showroom, where my new REGULATOR was waiting for me! To have this watch presented to me by the team that made it was a truly unique pleasure."

Here's a shot of Anja and Dirk presenting my new REGULATOR:

REGULATOR! P1130068

And here are some shots of my new watch:

REGULATOR! Web

REGULATOR! Web

REGULATOR! Web

REGULATOR! Web

What do you think? bom

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

2REGULATOR! Empty Re: REGULATOR! Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:07 pm

Mark

What a beauty! That really is absolutely stunning.

Are the red numbers and letters standard on the regulators or is it something you requested yourself? It looks very, very well indeed!

Having the watch presented to you by the people responsible for its conception and creation just adds to how special it is.

Really delighted for you - hope it gives you many years of pleasure.

3REGULATOR! Empty Red on Dial Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:32 pm

dornblogger

dornblogger

Mark wrote:What a beauty! That really is absolutely stunning.

Are the red numbers and letters standard on the regulators or is it something you requested yourself? It looks very, very well indeed!

Having the watch presented to you by the people responsible for its conception and creation just adds to how special it is.

Really delighted for you - hope it gives you many years of pleasure.

Mark:

Now that the Dornblüths are engraving their own dials (for the Regulator and Gorch Fock watches only, so far), they do have some ability to customize. I had originally asked for the "60, 15, 30 and 45" in red. Then, after deciding not to overembellish the already busy movement with any personal engraving, I asked Dirk if he would consider making the "REG" (my initials) in red as well. Much to my joy, he agreed to do this subtle personalization for me. I am so pleased with the result! Very Happy

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

4REGULATOR! Empty Re: REGULATOR! Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:17 pm

Mike

A very stunning piece!!!

5REGULATOR! Empty Re: REGULATOR! Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:45 am

ROUX

Impressive !

Enjoy it !

Cool Very Happy Cool

Francis

6REGULATOR! Empty Looks fantastic! Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:35 pm

candle7

candle7

Great pics, too! Congrats! Very Happy

7REGULATOR! Empty Re: REGULATOR! Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:43 am

andrea_f

andrea_f
Admin

Fantastic watch Roger! I think that you have on your collection all the Dornbluth catalogue! Next step is the Gorch Forck?? Many many many compliments, Regulator is definitely GORGEOUS!!!!!

https://dornbluth.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum