D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
D.Dornblüth & Sohn Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Enamel Dial?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Enamel Dial? Empty Enamel Dial? Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:25 am

mikemaddux

Does anyone on the forum own a Dornbluth with the enamel dial, or has anyone seen one in real life? If so, what can you tell us about it?

Thanks,

Mike

http://cerronato.com

2Enamel Dial? Empty Re: Enamel Dial? Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:25 am

andrea_f

andrea_f
Admin

Mike, I kow that on the forum there is a guy, Mark from Dublin, who will recive his first Dornbluth in Febraury, and it is a 99.1 with enamel dial! We are waiting for Mark's pics!
Anyway I will go to the next Baselworld, and Dirk will be there, so..I will come back with tons of pics and a huge reportage from Basel.

https://dornbluth.forumotion.com

3Enamel Dial? Empty Re: Enamel Dial? Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:56 am

mikemaddux

andrea_f wrote:Mike, I kow that on the forum there is a guy, Mark from Dublin, who will recive his first Dornbluth in Febraury, and it is a 99.1 with enamel dial! We are waiting for Mark's pics!
Anyway I will go to the next Baselworld, and Dirk will be there, so..I will come back with tons of pics and a huge reportage from Basel.

I'll be waiting patiently!

http://cerronato.com

4Enamel Dial? Empty Re: Enamel Dial? Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:57 pm

ROUX

Hello !

Does anyone has an idea if it is technically possible to "upgrade" the already beautiful standard white-cream dial with an enameled one ?

And what could be the cost ?

Kind regards

Francis Cool Cool Cool

5Enamel Dial? Empty Re: Enamel Dial? Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:29 am

dornblogger

dornblogger

Gentlemen,

My son and I have just returned from a week in Germany, including a full day at the Dornblüth manufacture in Kalbe. There I saw the enamel dials, which are beautiful and bright white. Making them is a painstakingly slow process, managed by a fine artist. A far as "upgrading" to an enamel dial goes, I suspect this is possible. I have no idea what they would charge. I would bet on a fairly long lead time.... jocolor

Grüße

http://www.dornbluethblog.com

6Enamel Dial? Empty Re: Enamel Dial? Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:07 pm

andrea_f

andrea_f
Admin

This is a great news Roger! Hope you'll share with impressions and pics about your visit in Kalbe very soon! I'm very curious about it.

7Enamel Dial? Empty Re: Enamel Dial? Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:21 pm

Mark

mikemaddux wrote:
andrea_f wrote:Mike, I kow that on the forum there is a guy, Mark from Dublin, who will recive his first Dornbluth in Febraury, and it is a 99.1 with enamel dial! We are waiting for Mark's pics!

I'll be waiting patiently!

I'm finding it very difficult to wait patiently for the watch, though!!

I'll be sure to post pictures as soon as it arrives...

8Enamel Dial? Empty Re: Enamel Dial? Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:31 pm

Mark

dornblogger wrote:Gentlemen,

My son and I have just returned from a week in Germany, including a full day at the Dornblüth manufacture in Kalbe. There I saw the enamel dials, which are beautiful and bright white. Making them is a painstakingly slow process, managed by a fine artist. A far as "upgrading" to an enamel dial goes, I suspect this is possible. I have no idea what they would charge. I would bet on a fairly long lead time.... jocolor

Grüße

I'm very jealous to hear of your trip to Kalbe, Roger - sounds like a great trip! I'd love to see any photos you took or hear your impressions of the place in more detail.

I was hoping to travel to Kalbe myself in February to collect my watch in person. Apart from watches, my other passion is cars and I have a hankering to drive to Kalbe from Dublin (using a couple of ferries, naturally!) and continue on to Stuttgart to bring my Porsche back to the factory it was born in, before returning home via Alsace where I could pick up a couple of cases of good Riesling!

Sadly, pressure of work means it now looks unlikely that I'll be able to do the trip this year. I may just have to order a second Dornblueth so I have a good excuse for driving to Kalbe when the opportunity next arises!

9Enamel Dial? Empty Sorry, no pictures. Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:27 pm

dornblogger

dornblogger

Mark wrote:
dornblogger wrote:Gentlemen,

Grüße

I'm very jealous to hear of your trip to Kalbe, Roger - sounds like a great trip! I'd love to see any photos you took or hear your impressions of the place in more detail.

I was hoping to travel to Kalbe myself in February to collect my watch in person. Apart from watches, my other passion is cars and I have a hankering to drive to Kalbe from Dublin (using a couple of ferries, naturally!) and continue on to Stuttgart to bring my Porsche back to the factory it was born in, before returning home via Alsace where I could pick up a couple of cases of good Riesling!

Sadly, pressure of work means it now looks unlikely that I'll be able to do the trip this year. I may just have to order a second Dornblueth so I have a good excuse for driving to Kalbe when the opportunity next arises!

Mark:

Unfortunately, I was so excited about actually being there that I didn't want to ruin the experience by stopping to snap a bunch of photos. Sad I will say it was an incredible, very personal, interesting and educational time. I highly recommend the trip to every fan of D.Dornblüth & Sohn!

Cheers!

10Enamel Dial? Empty Re: Enamel Dial? Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Mark

I understand completely, Roger- it's all to easy to distance oneself behind a camera and become so preoccupied with recording something that you forget to actually experience it.

Sounds like you had a great trip and you've made me even more determined to experience it for myself as soon as circumstances allow.

11Enamel Dial? Empty An automotive aside Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:39 pm

dornblogger

dornblogger

Mark wrote:I understand completely, Roger- it's all to easy to distance oneself behind a camera and become so preoccupied with recording something that you forget to actually experience it.

Sounds like you had a great trip and you've made me even more determined to experience it for myself as soon as circumstances allow.

BTW, another great thrill for me on this trip was driving my new German car at high speed on the Autobahn! I don't know about Ireland, but to drive on the roads here in the USA at >240 kmph is simply inconceivable! Twisted Evil

12Enamel Dial? Empty Re: Enamel Dial? Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:38 am

andrea_f

andrea_f
Admin

Very Happy
In the Autobhan there are no speed limit, it seems strange to me too, in Italy we have limit to 120 Km/H!!

Btw, I just saw trip reportage on your blog Roger, many many many complimntes, I think that visit Kalbe was an inredible experience, maybe next spring.......

13Enamel Dial? Empty Re: Enamel Dial? Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:56 pm

Mark

andrea_f wrote:Very Happy
In the Autobhan there are no speed limit, it seems strange to me too, in Italy we have limit to 120 Km/H!!

Andrea, from what little driving I've done in your fabulous country, I was under the impression that most of your fellow countrymen treat the 120kn/h limit as more of a suggested guideline rather than a legally binding constraint Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum